Community Living Trainer
|Location:||St Louis, MO|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
At Life Skills we believe that every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities.
As a Community Living Trainer with Life Skills, you'll be one of those special people! As a Communtiy Living Trainer you will help our clients who live independently continue to learn and grow by meeting wtih them a few hours each week and working on their goals.
By supporting our clients, the CL Trainer helps to carry out the important mission of supporting our customers in life where they live and work. The people that carry out this rewarding, care giving support play an integral and crucial role in the success of our organization.
Whether you have previous experience in this capacity or this just sounds like the type of career path you would like to pursue...we want to hear from you!
A CL Trainer is responsible for:
- Assisting clients with budgeting, paying bills, grocery shopping, etc.
- Transporting clients in your own personal vehicle
- Teaching safety procedures (stranger awareness, when to call 911, etc.) and proper usage of fire extinguisher, first aid kit, smoke alarms, appliances, etc
- Ensuring medical appointments are scheduled and medical issues are documented as needed
- Encourage leisure and recreational activities as well as teach them how to find and use community resources
A qualified CL Trainer will have:
- At least one year of experience with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Willingness to transport clients in their personal vehicle during work hours
- A driver's license and valid car insurance with the ability to obtain a class E license within 60 days of employment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- A Successful CL Trainer will also have:
- The ability to work independently
- Good time managment skills
- Be familiar with community resources
- Be creative and detail oriented
- Must be able to work varied shift
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.