Individual Support Assistant (South County)
|Location:||St. Louis Metro Area, MO|
|Benefits:||401(k), Discount purchase program|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Department:||TouchPoint Autism Services|
Are you looking for a flexible job yet wanting to build on your experiences? TouchPoint Autism Services, a division of Life Skills, has immediate needs for Individual Support Assistants (ISAs) in South County and Jefferson County.
The ISA works one on one with kids, in their natural home setting, who have been diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The ISA primarily provides respite for the families of these kids. Also, armed with Goals and Strategies unique for each child, they help the child with ASD to develop skills such as: social and communication skills, homework and academic development, community outings, as well as a variety of other daily living assistance.
Thorough training is provided and compensated. Most trainings will try to be arranged to accommodate school schedules, but some might be during the day.
Scheduling is flexible-- most of the needs are during weeknights and weekends. You may work between 5-15 hours per week depending on your availability.
1. Provide supportive care to individuals with autism or other disabilities recognized under the mission statement of the Center.
2. Maintain confidentiality on all matters pertaining to the Center or the individual served.
3. Complete and submit accurate reports and documentation about activities in a timely manner.
4. Maintain your own schedule and follow up with parents and TouchPoint Autism Services.
5. Exhibit professionalism in performance of all duties.
Able to provide physical support and activities, as necessary.
Current enrollment (or completion of) a degree in the human services or healthcare field is strongly preferred. Previous experience is not necessary but is desirable.
Able to lift up to 50 pounds, bend and crouch
Ability to transport kids in your car. Valid drivers license and vehicle insurance is required.
** Must be able to work in the St. Louis Metro area throughout the entire year. **
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.