Community Services Supervisor
|Location:||St Louis, MO|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, 403b|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
At Life Skills we believe that every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities.
As a Community Services Supervisor with Life Skills, you'll be one of those special people for two groups - our customers and our staff! By supporting two different groups of people you will help to link our customers to the community and link our direct care staff to the home office of Life Skills.
By supporting both groups, the CS Supervisor helps to carry out the important mission of supporting our customers participate in life in their community and work place. The people that carry out this rewarding, care giving support play an integral and crucial role in the success of our organization.
Whether you have previous experience in this capacity or this just sounds like the type of career path you would like to pursue...we want to hear from you!
A Community Services Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of the activities as well as the staffing related to our adult day programs.
The Community Services Supervisor is responsible for:
- Providing instruction and support to all day program customers during program hours - both on site and in the community.
- Creating the daily schedules and activities for the customers, taking into account individual needs.
Assisting in the planning, development and implementation of Person Centered Plans and Behavior Development Plans for each customer participating in the program.
Communicating with the families and support professionals of our customers.
- Professionally representing Life Skills in the community, with other professional networks and at professional networking meetings.
Providing supervision to Community Skills Instructors by giving constructive feedback and support in regards to job performance
Training and providing on the job orientation and mentoring to employees.
A qualified candidate will have:
- Knowledge of developmental disabilites and support services
- Ability to maintain a positive realtionship with families, employers, and community members.
- A Bachelors Degree in Human Services or related field (Social Work, Psychology, Education, Criminal Justice, Etc)
- At least 1 year expereince working with Developmental Disabilities
- Class E drivers license required within 30 days of hire
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.