Community Living Instructor (CLI) - Part-time
|Location:||St Louis and St. Charles, MO|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities.
As a Community Living Instructor (CLI) with Life Skills, you'll be one of those special people. CLIs are the link to the community for those they serve. For some, they may be the eyes of those unable to see, or the voice for those who can't speak. For others, they are friend, cheerleader and subtle support on the path to one's true potential.
For Life Skills, the CLI is one of the most exemplary reflections of the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. The people that carry out this rewarding, care giving support play an integral and crucial role in the success of our organization.
Whether you have previous experience in this capacity or this just sounds like the type of career path you would like to pursue...we want to hear from you!
Life Skills is seeking Community Living Instructors to provide assistance to individuals with disabilities in a community-based setting on a part-time basis.
CLIs provide assistance with:
- Daily activities such as meal preparation and planning
- Medication administration
- Personal care
- Facilitating community involvement by accompanying individuals on outings in the community
- Providing transportation to work or other activities
In addition, CLIs also support therapeutic and behavioral plans in partnership with clinical staff to enhance the quality of life for those we support.
A qualified candidate must have:
- Valid Drivers License (Class E license required within 30 days of hire)
- Valid Car Insurance
- Reliable Vehicle
- Willingness to transport clients in personal vehicle during work hours
- High School Diploma/GED
Successful candidates also should have skills in:
- Problem solving
- Prioritizing and planning in order to meet deadlines
- Communicating well in writing and speaking
Other considerations are made for:
- Candidates with fairly open availability (especially evening and weekend shifts)
- Candidates having previous (6 months or more) working knowledge of disabilities and support services
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|