Major Gifts Officer
|Location:||St Louis, MO|
|Salary Range:||Based upon experience|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The Major Gifts Officer will identify, cultivate and solicit major gift donors; develop and strengthen positive relationships with key individuals, foundations, corporations, friends, and volunteers; maintain accurate records and information on activities and donors. This individual will be expected to complete a minimum of 15 donor visits per month. Additionally, the person will oversee outreach and fundraising in three regional communities outside of St. Louis. (Note: this position also supervises prospect research coordinator.)
- Manages portfolio of 150-200 major gift prospects
- Develops on-going strategies, timelines, objectives, and metrics for the assigned portfolio of prospects with a focus on annual objectives and other priority projects.
- Solicits individual major gift prospects for capital, endowment, and programmatic gifts as assigned.
- Ensures proper recording of all contacts with prospects and the appropriate gift acknowledgement and stewardship of assigned donors.
- Develop and implement a gift-planning program.
- Support the gift planning solicitations of other staff and volunteers
- Supervise prospect research, including prospect management and major gift initiative reports.
- Works with program staff in identifying needs for support.
- Works with development staff to provide special event support
- Support the CEO's major gift work with top prospects
- Build a cadre of major gift volunteers
The ideal candidate will be a proven front-line fundraiser with the demonstrated skill in closing six-figure gifts and the ability to build future fund-raising opportunities. Solid organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills are a must. Some travel involved. Three-five years of experience in development required.
- Fundraising experience, 3-5 years
- Professional experience, 5 to 10 years minimum
- Experience with Donor Perfect or comparable relational databases
- Experience with Wealth Engine
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Strong working knowledge of PC application software (word, excel, etc), 2 to 3 years
- Certifications - CFRE preferred
- Non-Profit Admin spec training